Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Images on tile


I found this really neat tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com on making a tile using an image printed on your computer onto tissue paper. You tape the tissue paper onto regular copy paper and run it through your printer. I like the way sepia photos look, but you can use color photos as well. Then, you trim the image and using Mod Podge and a foam brush, adhere it to the tile with several coats. Before applying the Mod Podge however, you can stamp an image using a Staz-On pad (solvent based and used to stamp on nonporous surfaces) as I did with the greeting I used. I added some "feet", little round sticky-on-one-side pads, to the corners of the tile before putting it on my counter. These would make great coasters!
The picture has a little bit of a glare on it, but I used a photo of my husband and daughter walking on the beach together from our trip to California in 2007 at the spot where we were married. So sweet!

No comments: