Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Little Mermaid


This was my mom's birthday card from MARCH! Whew--am I behind?! =o)
Anyway, the cute little mermaid is a stamp sold by The Greeting Farm--Mermaid Anya. I usually only use Stampin' Up! products but couldn't resist this little cutie pie!
To make the ocean, I ran a piece of Tempting Turquoise through my Big Shot machine with the Top Note die, then ran the same piece again in a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder to make the bubbles for the ocean. I used a pair of scallop edge scissors to cut the Top Note in half and to make it look more ocean-y. I stamped the mermaid and colored her in with Stampin' Write markers. Then, I used my Versamarker to draw some accent lines where I then poured some Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder over to heat. (The glitter is a little difficult to see in the photo but really stands out in person!) The greeting is a rub-on, and the sun is made from the Scallop Circle Punch and a Circle Punch (in Summer Sun and Only Orange). I used Confetti White Cardstock as it has specks in it which make it look kind of like sand.

No comments: